Followers

Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Quick Spin....

I am still working on the Spider-web quilt....along with all the other projects....


This quilt is very similar to all the other spider-webs you have seen on blogs.  And very similar to the one in Material Obsession 2.  The difference from the MO2 is that my kite ruler {from Marti Michell}  is smaller than the template in the book, therefore my webs will be smaller as well.  


It is a bit tedious with all the ironing between each strip, but I do love this quilt....and adore the Flower Sugar in the star section!
Hope you are having a great weekend!
mary :)

12 comments:

  1. This one is on my long list of to dos! I love yours, it is turning out just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have started a spiderweb quilt somewhen and this bit of gorgeousness just wants me to get it out again. Love your way with colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just purchased MO2 at JoAnn on sale and am so in love with it. I've been staring at the spider web quilt too. Yours is so pretty....are you making the strips a consistent width? The MO2 blocks are pretty big, how much smaller are yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this quilt. I have that book too and have yet to make anything out of it. But, it's on my "list" to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is lovely. i love the colors you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this to pieces. Have the ruler. Have the book. I guess I need to figure it out...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! After seeing Flower Sugar on your blog I just *had* to order some. LOL Looks great in the block!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Flower Sugar fabric too! It is such a pretty blue! I think I need one of those rulers! I'd love to make this quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way you're using different blues as the base colour. Your spider webs are looking fabulous. A wonderful riot of colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so inspiring Mary. I have never made spiders and your are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see what kind of quilting design you will come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete