Followers

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Oh, Oh, Oakshott!

In March, I received a package of Oakshott cotton fabric in Colourshotts!
 
 

the colors are simply luscious!  
And the texture equally as amazing.
They have a wonderful crispness...
 
 
I just couldn't wait to cut into these!  And I had the perfect project in mind.  I wanted to combine the Oakshotts with a very lovely understated Japanese fabric in a baby size quilt.  The quilt was inspired by a Japanese creation I pinned on Pinterest {oh Pinterest...you are an irresistible pleasure}
 

  
The color of the colourshott cotton is so incredible and intense...I like the combination with another more subdued cotton.
 
  
Irregular crosses float on this white background.  
 

 
 The binding is a yarn dyed Essex linen.
 
And, as I usually do, I was eager to wash this one after it was bound!  I really wanted to see how the Oakshotts looked after a wash and dry!
YUMMY!
 
 
 They really looked amazing!


 
   For the backing I used the black from Boo Crew ;)
I love this fabric...such a good one for just about any project!
 
 
And a little embroidered label.
 
 
 
I hope you will hop over to Oakshott Fabrics and check them out!
If you haven't tried Oakshott cotton....I hope you have an opportunity soon.  They do not disappoint....wonderful in every way!
  
happy thursday!
mary  

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! It looks so soft and squishy. It's lovely to see the oakshott shine against the neutral backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a gorgeous quilt Mary. I love absolutely everything about it. Perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love the wonky crosses.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just really really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the splashes of colour work really well here

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful quilt and the Oakshotts are perfect :) I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you know the name of the Japanese fabric you used for the quilt? I am part of a travelling quilt bee and that would be perfect for one of them! No worries if not, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosemary B here:
    I love this quilt very much. I love the design and construction.
    I love this time of year as well.
    This quilt is a treasure!!
    happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who doesn't love little crosses scattered across the surface! Adorable Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely finish. I especially like the little black or dark stripes that appear here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooops, must have missed this in the cyclone fury! I love the simple, skinny crosses standing proudly on the neutral background! It does look so soft and squishy as Rachael said.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool quilt! It looks great all wrinkly, too. I love the embroidered tag on the back, that's how I like to make them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this quilt and I love Oakshott fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Oakshott fabrics look and sound delicious - I'll need to find and excuse/project to try them out. Great little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE, LOVE LOVE!! You have the best taste!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So true! Lucky Eloise! I love this quilt you made Mary!

    ReplyDelete