Followers

Sunday, June 8, 2014

It's Coming!

Hold on...I am working out the details...
soon I will have a schedule together and we can get started...
In the meantime...I have formed a Molly Flanders Makerie :: Flowering Snowball-along Flickr page here


 

I will also have a Linky party or two, so if you want to sew along, but don't want to commit to a Flickr group...you can join in that way as well...


Finally, I have had a few people ask me about templates. The block in my quilt is a finished 12". I will post the templates on the blog for you to print out and we will discuss different options for making templates. 

But there are a couple of sites selling Flowering Snowball acrylic templates.  I do not have acrylic templates, but I did place an order today for a set. Of course, it is much more economical to use the templates I post on the blog and make your own.  
  
If you would like to look at the templates for purchase you can find them at:
www.quilttemplates.com - they have several sizes available
and an etsy shop called ModernQuilter - they have only a 9" block size available...

Okay...I think that is it for now.  I will be back in the next few days with a schedule and fabric requirements!
mary 

      
  

19 comments:

  1. This all sounds like such a fun sew along!! Maybe I'll be tempted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may well be tempted too! It is such a pretty block Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I'm looking forward to it. Love your version using white and retro ditties. I'm tempted to go that direction myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to be a bystander on this one. Excited to see how to do it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks a bit tricky, but will try if I can get template printed off but computer will not recognise my printer at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking, are the blocks hand sewn or machine pieced?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful!!! I do not know if I will time to sew along - but I will follow as I think that this is an option for my next bee month :) ("with a little help from my friends" it - LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your style! Looking forward to the sew along--thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh go on then ! You could be the answer to my prayer for joining my circle blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, help me! The temptation!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so exciting! I seriously don't need another project, but am going to make time for this because I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be out of town until the end of the month, but will jump in when I return. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to joining in all the madness & mayhem :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to joining in all the madness & mayhem :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. brilliant, I'd love to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ordered my acrylic templates from here

    She also has a smaller, cheaper set here

    In the large set you get three different sizes (6", 9", 12") as well as some other curved templates and the price is the best I've seen, especially for shipping outside the US. I am in the midst of a Flowering Snowball mini with 6" finished blocks and these templates have worked incredibly well. They are by @jennaappleton on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to start snowballin'! I like to listen to books & podcasts... Or sometimes I get on spotify and listen to comedians. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can I still join the fun?

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have just ordered my 12 inch template set from this etsy seller:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/Customplastic?ref=pr_shop_more

    they even ship abroad! can't wait to receive mine.

    ReplyDelete