Followers

Monday, December 26, 2011

A Year of Finishes....Part One

As my first full year of blogging is coming to an end...I thought I would recap the finishes and some beginnings of 2011....

In the Quilt Category.....
We have one of my favorite quilts of all time and certainly my favorite quilt design. 
Gypsy Kisses is a pickledish design from Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession fame.


This is a multiple techniques quilt....paper foundation piecing, patchwork piecing, hand applique, and hand quilted.


A popular theme this year was the Union Jack....

 
 
And Molly helped with the label.



Another Material Obsession quilt started and finished....although not completely quilted yet....
Strawberry Fields - which I call Tea Party


I love the sweet feminine nature of this quilt, but for some reason quilting it seems like such a chore for me....does this ever happen to you?  Here is the best thing about this quilt....it was while making this quilt that I emailed Susan {I didn't know her at all but I knew she had made this quilt}.  My copy of the book had errors and I wasn't sure why things weren't working out properly.  Enter....Susan to the rescue!!!  What a lucky girl I am :)  Good reason to finish this one, right????  

  
I was so fortunate to be able to do a couple of quilt samples for the shoppe using Suzy Ultman's fabric lines.....Appleville and Critter Community...

  


In May I was in a New York state of mind....a New York Beauty that is....



A whole cloth quilt...
made from flannel on the front and linen on the back....

  

A baby version of my Coin Quilt made from Birch organic....


I love this quilt....with the straight line quilting and then pick stitching...

   
Molly {my oldest daughter} decided to try her hand at quilting.  She does fabulous embroidery and loves crazy quilts.  So I thought she would enjoy a little hand applique and then to quilt in crazy quilt style!!!  Well, she did a marvelous job....

   

Then Lark {from Amy Butler} arrived in the shoppe....

  


Most recently, I have finished the Wonky Little Houses Quilt...again a sample for the shoppe...



It has been a fun year of quilting and making good friends!  I have a few more finishes to share later in the week....
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend :)
mary

37 comments:

  1. What a fabulous and creative year for you Mary! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your quilts are so amazingly beautiful..you're my hero :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year..of quilts and friendship!! You are my hero too! Everyone one of these is a masterpiece...in quilting, piecing, colour and design!! You are my inspiration and my role model! Thank you for sharing your talent and wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I did not realize you have only been blogging for a year. I am so glad I follow you, Mary. Your quilts are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of wonderful quilts, I have so enjoyed watching you make them over the last year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great visual display of colour and quilts. A very productive year you had, hope your just as productive in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I hadn't seen some of those, thanks for showing them again. You've had a very productive year and produced so many amazing quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you had such a creative and fun year with your projects. I can't wait to see what the coming attractions are going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've had a great year, amazing and beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous. You are one of my favourite quilting blogs form actually getting to see finished gorgeous quilts with colours I love.
    Looking forward very much to seeing what 2012 brings you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so lovely to revisit this beautiful quilt parade.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seeing all that again makes me think again how inspiring you are! Love it all Mary! I think the pickle dish quilt was where I started reading blogs and I haven't looked back since so thanks for taking me along on your sewing journey! Looking forward to your next year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great year of projects...love them all...i would love to visit your scarp bin! Love Gypsy Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great year you've had! I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun recap of 2011. I would have to say you have made some amazing quilts!! May 2012 bring it on.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have quite a beautiful and impressive collection of quilts that you (and your daughter) have made-- I am completely in love with all of them. I love your brightly colored fabric choices and the embroidery and little tassles on the Lark one. Looking forward to seeing the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an impressive and inspiring year! Love sooo many of your quilts. but my favorites this year are Gypsy Kisses, NY Beauty, Strawberry Fields, and the dresdens. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mary, how wonderfully creative and talented you are.......your quilts are LOVELY, tell MOlly she also did a great job, she is as talented as her mom...!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  19. So this is what your blog looks like having only done it for one year? And, of course, the quilts are amazing! Is there anything you don't do well? I hope I get to be you when I grow up ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply stunning! And very inspirational too. Now I need to finish the quilts I've started!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a wonderful year of quilts, all so beautiful and different - amazing colours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. amazing inspiration!, i love your NY beauty, what am i saying i love them all....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all of your beautiful, colorful quilts Mary. Quite an accomplishment for one year! Thanks for all of the loveliness and inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mary! I love all your colourful, happy quilts! You are really talented and make so fantastic designs! Happy New Year! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  25. All beautiful! The Gypsy Kisses is gorgeous and that Lark quilt is my favourite ever quilt!! I could cry at the beauty of these quilts, all stunning! What a great year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. such a year !!!
    I love them all especially the Lark Quilt
    I'll look forward to more fantastic inspiration in the new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am drooling over the New York Beauty!! xxoo Patty

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love them all! I appreciate all the inspiration you've shown me all year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!! So many wonderful finishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. your pickledish is my very favorite! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. My favorites would have to be Molly's crazy dresden quilt and the pickledish quilt. But I do love ALL of your quilts! Thanks for your kind note Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What am amazingly gorgeous year!! I absolutely love the New York Beauty! Can't wait to see what you make in 2012

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! Wow! Such gorgeous quilts--all of them are fantastic! When do you sleep?! :) Is Strawberry Fields/Tea Party from a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've just been directed to this post by Nicky so I could see your marvellous Gypsy Kisses quilt and I wanted to let you know how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete