Followers

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday Workings....

A huge thank you to everyone who sent good thoughts and kind words my way....I read every comment and very much appreciate the condolences.  We all love our pets so much!  

But on to other things...
Just in time for Christmas and Advent, I will post a tutorial to my Advent Calendar on Friday!  It is a very easy make!

  
We are all busy, busy this time of year, but I think you will find this cute calendar a quick project.  And lots of fun for the kiddos leading up to Christmas day!

I do have a finish to share with you...
I finally finished this spiderweb quilt....a Kathy Doughty pattern from Material Obsession 2.

 
This one was a couple of years in the making...pick stitched in  black Valdani perle cotton.


A nice big warm quilt for our much cooler temps!

Thanks, again, for all your kind words...stop by on Friday for the tutorial!
xo mary

19 comments:

  1. a great spider web quilt. Like the advent calender but my girls are 42 and 38 so a bit old for one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning, Mary! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute quilt and I can't wait for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to the tutorial, i have my precious liberty stash ready to dive into. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beauty, Mary. I made one about a year ago in harvest colours - I called it The Pumpkin Patch at Midnight - and loved every minute of it. I still need to quilt mine though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous spiderweb quilt!! Love the little Advent calendar too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now I want a spiderweb quilt. This is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful advent calandar!! They are such a great way to enjoy the lead up to Christmas. Congratulations on finishing your spider web quilt. I think I remember when you started that one. The black stitching looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do so want to make a spiderweb quilt some day! Yours is fabulous. Love the pick stitching.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The advent calender is is so darn cute! And you web is so bright and cheery. Just the love the accent of the black quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rosemary b here:
    WOW your quilt is adorable and so beautiful.
    I love the calendar too. I would love to make something like this. So sweet
    Thank you for sharing your creativity today

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know what I like more- the pretty linen and Liberty Advent calendar or the sweet little mouse nesting there! Your spider web quilt is beautiful too! It must be fantastic to have it finished too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Advents Calendar! Really adorable, can't wait to see the tutorial. Looks like a great use for scraps. Thanks for sharing!
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  14. We never had advent calendars growing up. I really should make one and join in the fun. Looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Spiderweb quilt is so pretty, Mary! Of course, I love your hand stitches to make it Perfect!

    ReplyDelete