Followers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Temptation.....

I walked into Sew To Speak the other day...and the first thing to greet me was a copy of Material Obsession 2.  Now, I know this is not a new book...but new to me and to the shoppe.  I own and have drooled over the first Material Obsession.  And Sarah Fielke is my idol....she was the inspiration for this quilt.
So, of course, I had to buy it...and, of course, promptly found my new project!  Oh, what about the other new projects I have going?  Well, they will still be there I am sure...kind of like cleaning or laundry...it will still be there when I am ready.   So the next day I picked up some fabrics to add to this new quilt....and I ordered a ruler from Marti Michell...cuz Sarah says it is a good idea.  Far be it from me to argue with Sarah!
    
So as soon as the ruler arrives in my mailbox...I am focused...and immune from any further temptations.  There will have just enough time to finish this table runner which must be finished this week.  I am so all over it today - while I am calculating when my ruler will arrive from Georgia ( I think ???).

  Enjoy your Sunday!
Mary 

4 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! :o) I have not seen inside either book. :o) I know you will have so much fun creating your new quilt. I can't wait to see!! :o)
    I have a couple projects going at the same time too.
    I hope you are having a nice weekend.
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the material obsession books!! They are so gorgeous, I just want to make one of every quilt!
    Did you know that Sarah has another book coming out? That will be another book and probably a ton of quilts to add to "the list"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! That's all I need - more distractions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 2nd Material Obsession book, the quilt on the cover is just lovely. Looking forward to see which quilt you're going to make.

    ReplyDelete