Followers

Friday, September 10, 2010

A Tisket, A Tasket...

Taking a break from the "must do" projects...and working on a liberated basket quilt....


This is such a fun way to design a quilt...no templates...little measuring and the freedom to just go with the flow...I am working with a variety of yellow spots for my background.
Adding some pieced sashing should spice up these little beauties...I love making my own jiggy sashing!  
And in my humble opinion, nothing goes together better than dots and gingham....well maybe argyle and dots!
 

Have a great weekend!
Mary

4 comments:

  1. I just adore your basket blocks!! And I am truly in love with gingham. I even posted about it (drop by if you get a chance ...smile).
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and colourful! Nice combo of fabrics :)
    Hope you´ll much time of peaceful sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is soooo cute.........you are wildly talented!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much - k - you made my day!mary

    ReplyDelete