Followers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Deck the Lights!

With the help of a little retail therapy....I found the materials I needed to create a new swag...


When I wandered into Anthropologie a week or so ago....a young girl greeted me and asked if I was there to splurge on myself....well let me tell you, either that was a brilliant marketing ploy or I am just a easy target {could very well be}, but that is all she had to whisper in my ear.  Before she was out of sight I was filling my oversized basket with lots of goodies!


So with some felt balls and some wool roping I braided and stitched a little swag for my kitchen light....
Every Christmas I decorate my tin light with evergreen garland and bows, but this year I thought I would change things up a bit....

   
I simply braided the roping and attached the felt balls with perle cotton....


Change is good!
And the weather is dreary, wet and cold...so some holiday stitching does wonders for the attitude :)


Happy Tuesday!
mary:)

15 comments:

  1. You are a tease Mary leaving your hoop and stitching there for us to not be able to see what you are doing - love the kitchen and the Christmas decor! Why not treat us to the whole tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to have to get some of those felted balls...should have done that when I was there last Friday.

    Love the light fixture! I wish I had something cool like that, but sadly I have only a ceiling fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see how you use tape on your quilt as you quilt it. i was thinking about doing that as well. my quilting is coming along... slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the garland! I'm with Nicky...when do we get to see more of the quilt in the hoop?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're having a ball. I love the sparkly baubles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tiered plates of Christmas balls! I'd really like to see a picture of your whole chandelier - it looks intriguing! The garland came out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty Fall colours, decorating your light! The yellow of the kitchen walls is so warm and inviting too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your swag, looks perfect! Your baubles look fabulous too, have as yet to even unpack any of our!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your garland and I really like that that its not too Christmassy so you can use it other times of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How happy and fun looking. I really enjoy seeing everyone's decorations this time of year and yours are a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty holiday things here today! i just love those sparkly ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colours Mary!!!!
    I've just been reading someones blog, and I so know who your latest project is for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yeah my post says its one day old already? strange..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!

    ReplyDelete