Followers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More Flowering......

In keeping with the theme of the Flowering Snowball block....I thought I would bring you the real deal!!!

  
This is the Snowball Bush from my front yard....we have had this plant for about 24 years....I look forward to seeing it bloom every summer....


While I am at it here are a few other pretties from my garden...




And now let me introduce you to a new block to me....but one that reminds me a bit of the Flowering Snowball....it is the Alabama Beauty!


It is a lovely block....not sure my templates were all that accurate though....she took a bit of convincing....LOL!

And remember the sweet vintage tablecloths?  Well, I tore into one today....and used a section for a kitchen towel....


I added a Dresden....and rik-rak {that was a perfect match}.....and now it is hanging from my oven door...


Hope your day has been full of flowers and good things :)
mary

15 comments:

  1. You are such a clever girl! I have some vintage tablecloths as well...adding the blocks to cover up "problem" areas is a good idea. Also, I have all of the same flowers in my yard, however, the snowball bush has already lost it's blooms...it's a baby (only 3 years old) but I had an ancient one at my old house...love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous photos! You garden is so beautiful- I can almost smell it! I love the Alabama Beauty! Did you paper piece it? And your Dresden towel - far too niche to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE that snowball bush. It's beautiful! Thanks for the lovely pictures Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty bush! I love the snowball block. Your Dresden looks super cute & I think anything looks better with ricrac!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my sweet heavens! That is the most darling tea towel! :o) Beautifully done Mary!! :o)
    I ordered my dresden ruler! Yipee!! :o) It should be here any day!! :o)
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers - what a display! Love where that ricrac eventually ended up and the dresden is so cute - I hope you don't really use it to dry up - it's too nice! That Alabama Beauty is fabulous - what great fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Now you are going to have us clamoring for the templates for this block too! Beautiful block and towel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing all those beautiful flowers ... real and fabric! :-)
    Love the kitchen towel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers! I love that tricky block!! And your vintage towel is such a delight!! You're always whipping up the most wonderful things!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tienes una preciosa Hortensia blanca. Me gusta mucho, las de mi madre son rosas.
    Love your blog.
    Núria.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alabama super beauty! hydrangeas are my favorite flower. they don't grow well in idaho, it makes me sad because i would have seven or eight huge bushes of them if they would grow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, I love that Snowball flower *almost* as much as I love your dresden on your vintage tablecloth. *Swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, the tea towel is so pretty!! It's so tiny! :) Your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tea towel! And I LOVE the teacup! Could you tell me who makes/made that? I'm tempted to get on Ebay and see if I can find one for myself...I'm assuming it's vintage?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mercy and Truth...the cup is from Anthropologie :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete