Followers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Quiet Stitching.....

Still recovering from the hoopla this weekend....so yesterday I did a little quiet stitching on my new Stocking.....


I decided against the rik-rak....but I will use the fun ball fringe instead....
although I need to purchase some more {I have pinned some on to get the idea}


Over the weekend....I did pick up a few lovely pieces to add to my stash....
I love to add a touch of black....and these are fantastic!


And these two selections just made me feel comfortable and lived in....


So today....I hope to get back in the swing of things...I have lots of projects burning in my brain that I can't wait to see take form.....
Happy Tuesday!
mary

13 comments:

  1. So you use this Perle Cotton thread for your quilting or just for decorative stitches? I'm very intrigued by your projects. I just took a hand quilting class but we used thread and tiny needles... I love the way your projects look tho with the big stitches and bright colors!

    Do these stitches hold the quilts together well - no snagging on toes? :) Appreciate the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the little ball fringe and your handquilting. Very sweet stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the large stitches. How striking and a great decorative element. I too learned tiny stitches for hand quilting and would love to know how the larger ones hold up on a lap quilt?
    As always, your work is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the non-typical Christmas colours and the pompoms are just the thing - like mini-snowballs! Love it, need it, want to make my own...!

    Your fabric purchases - drama and comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful!! Love the colours on the stocking, they're my favorite!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I just picked up that tree pattern, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pom poms! Such a great use for them! And that tree fabric is fabulous too! you always have wonderful things to share which inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stocking is lovely. Love the ball fringe. Congratulations on your college graduate!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to make that stocking. Love to learn even stitching like this. I really love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those colors together--so gorgeous, as is your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's only one thing better than ric rac and that's pom pom fringing!! Your stocking is so beautiful. The hand stitching is the perfect finishing touch. love the new fabrics, especially the black tree shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stocking looks great...love the tree fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the stocking!! Must.Get.Started. on Christmas projects!

    ReplyDelete