Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Busy Stuff.....

I have been so busy the last week....finishing up samples for classes....working on my hexagon....thinking about shapes and quilts....digging into my roots.....whew!

 

One of the classes I will be teaching this fall is a freezer paper piecing class....it will be a very easy introductory class....


this little carrot placemat should be an fun way to get your feet wet with paper piecing... 

  
Then over the weekend I spent Sunday visiting my mom.  Molly and Kyle {Molly's guy} went with me and we took grandma to the local museum....out to dinner....and we visited a couple of cemeteries.  It is good for Molly to remember her heritage...


yep...she takes it very seriously :)

Yesterday and today I have been planning a quilt I have been wanting to do for some time...
a spiderweb quilt.  I have seen many fantastic examples on Flickr and there are a couple spiderweb quilts in MO 2.  But some time ago I had ordered the kite ruler from Marti Michell...

    
So I think I will end up with a 17" block....


Sure doesn't look like much now, but I think it will be a sweet...quick quilt.  My plan is to use some of the Flower Sugar fabrics in the kite sections of the block...


Hope you are having a productive Tuesday! 
mary ;)

15 comments:

  1. You have been busy with all your really lovely projects - but I have been busy chatting to friends in person and on Skype! New toy! Fantastic - two friends in France and we can speak face to face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking wonderful. Can't wait to see more...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. very busy! Just love the colours in the spiders web blocks. Had no idea one could buy a template for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The carrot placemat is adorable! I look forward to watching your progress on the spiderweb quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the carrot block. It looks like fun. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are a busy little bee. i wish i lived near you because you have to know that i would be the first to sign up for your carrot class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh now your getting too productive Mary LOL!!

    I've been doing more painting diy style, so not much in the way of sewing.

    Purple dots hey on a in a hex, have you seen mine hanging up??

    I am hoping to sew mine into a cushion for a local show..maybe tomorrow!

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have indeed been busy! Love the paper pieced carrot! And your spider web quilt is going to be a beauty! Molly looks like she had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a great ruler. And it's going to be a very fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great hexies...love that carrot...and the spiderweb is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh you have fun in your sewing room!! You're dangling a carrot in front of us hee hee , You're placemat is gorgeous, especially with that ric rac! A spider web is on my to do list one day.. Yours is looking fabulous already!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the placemat, I see more vege options and the ric rac makes it really cute. I thought the spiderweb block was a ton of piecing so if you keep saying it's easy, I might believe you, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am half done with the spider web quilt from MO2 and I love it. I am doing the one with the scrappy middle and the web lines matching. It has been so much fun. Can't wait to see yours. I think I will try one with the solid middles sometime too. These are a great way to use stash. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the spider web block...have made some for a swap, but never an entire quilt, but I'd love to sometime. Your colors are so pretty....I ordered the Flower Sugar fabrics last week. The designs are so sweet but I have to admit to being disappointed in the hand of the fabric itself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,
    I loved the carrot, it's beautiful !!!!
    I am learning to sew and now i would like to do the paper piercing, could you please to send me the template ?

    ReplyDelete