Followers

Friday, July 29, 2011

Spinning a Web and a Variation on the Snowball.....

I've been working on my spiderweb quilt blocks....


I have finished enough to get an idea of the finished product....


I have a long way to go, but I do really like it....

Today I spent some time working on a block that is very similar to the Flowering Snowball....this one is called Papa's Delight {don't ask me why}.


It has a similar center and flower pattern, but also has triangles connected to the cross pieces that create an hour glass....I think the cross sections are heavier in this block.  But I was happy with the look so decided to continue on....

    
This is definitely a fun block...I love this farm yard fabric and works so well with gingham and polka dots.  You still get the circular feel from this one, but the added triangles in the middle are kind of fun too!

We are getting lots of rain here tonight...we need it. 
Hope all is well with you....
Have a great weekend!
mary


19 comments:

  1. Mary! Those Papas delight blocks are better than brilliant! I would have been nervous about how the farmyard fabric would work in a busy block but you couldn't have picked a more perfect fabric, and combined with those other fabrics! Your Spiderweb is going to be a stunner too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks. I can't wait to see both quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yum to it all Mary, yum to it all :) have a lovely weekend ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo pretty, okay now all I want to do is go sew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the oranges and aquas! What is that hedghog fabric? Absolutely sweet! I always get motivated to sew after reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Rachael- the use of the farmyard fabric in the Papa Delight blocks is pure genius! What a wonderful colour palette! Don't you just love the circular pattern that emerges when you put blocks together! And your spiderweb is beautiful too! I hope the rains came!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, (my BFF sister is named Mary, too!) you have THE BEST fabrics! Your quilts and blocks, etc., always look so bright and cheery, and fun! I need to work on that and build a better stash! There's just something about your fabrics that sing to me every time you post something - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More winning color inspiration....Every. Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it all, totally love it all. Would love to spend a weekend with you and learn some of your techniques....Maybe someday...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm telling you...you are a ROCK STAR!!!! I cannot believe what you get done....I just love your creative eye...you have your own style..that's what we all want to show through are work!! Well..done..you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. More masterpieces in the offing - love those cute fabrics and bright colours. You are such a busy bee at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful blocks, so love the spiders web!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love that string block Mary. So pretty and such happy colors! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The center of your stars almost looks like gingham in these photos. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. mary your skill amazes me. that's it! we are moving to ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary...just how many projects have you got on the go??? LOL
    Clare

    Loving the circle pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Going to be a couple of really nice quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in love with the riot of color on both of these quilts. Yet, they still have a distinct pattern. I can hardly wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete