Followers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Some New Critters!

Lady Luck was smiling on our little shoppe {Sew To Speak} when a preview of Suzy Ultman's Critter Community arrived..... then the Lady turned her attention on me....when I was allowed to have a bit to make samples for the shoppe....LUCKY ME!!!

So I began cutting some yummy polka dots and gingham.....
a little Critter....


For this project I was inspired by a Log Cabin quilt made in the late 1800's....turned on point...


The Critters will be the fire in the cabin....


This will give you an idea of where I am going....
It is just such a pleasure to work with Suzy's fabrics....so bright and cheery!!!
Happy Monday Everyone!
mary

19 comments:

  1. oohhhh! they are beautiful! you are one lucky ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh!!!! this is gonna be sooo cute Mary!
    I'm gonna post it on suzy's facebook and twitter.. she'd love to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun - the blocks and the fabric! I never would have thought to turn a log cabin on point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is SO pretty! Are the critters all from the same range? If so I think I will NEED some of that fabric! The lady bug with his cute turquoise umbrella is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute you lucky girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those ARE cheery! I love the block you made with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulous block, love the bright cheerful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would so love to take your class. What fun projects you are doing.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. You come up with the BEST ideas, my friend!! Wish we could hang out together!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun fabrics and a very clever pattern! I love the way turning a block on point can change it so much. This is going to be such a joyous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful combination of fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your design, Mary! This will be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so creative! i can't wait to see the completed quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever odea to turn the Log Cabin blocks on point. All your chosen fabrics are delightful, so pretty and fresh. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete