Followers

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th. of July!!!


Such a busy weekend....and this year it almost seems never ending.....the fireworks began Friday night and have been booming ever since!!!

I worked on some blocks....and Molly worked on her Crazy Dresden...in between the fun and the food!!!

This is a fun checkerboard star....I really like this block, but it needs a little tweaking...


I used freezer paper to paper piece it and it does have a few inset seams, but not too bad!
I would say a great All American Beauty!!!

Earlier in the weekend I had a notion to try a Glorified Nine Patch....


Then still on roll with the arcs and the flowering snowball block....I tried a melon block in black and white...



And I will leave you with Molly's Crazy Dresden...the center of the center block is complete....


Now she is working on quarter blocks....


Have a wonderful Independence Day!!!
mary

12 comments:

  1. I adore all your blocks, and Molly's too! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your blocks are beautiful!!

    Have a wonderful 4th of July :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You given us lots to celebrate here! I especially love the blue star with its checkerboard background and the melon pieces! Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th Mary.
    Your patchwork makes my head spin!
    In a good way though!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the center of that dresden!

    Happy 4th!

    www.skippitydodahquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your blocks! The checkered star particularly captured my imagination. Are you going to make a whole quilt of those? Molly's dresden centre is so beautiful. Happy 4th of July to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, all the blocks are lovely and I really like the curved work at present...the checkerboard star too...but Molly's dresden...so beautifully embroidered is an absolute cracker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Molly are such a source of inspiration. Everything is so lovely...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary and Molly how you two really push the boat out - such a horde of loveliness all in one post.

    What was the inspiration behind the checkerboard star? - brilliant! And love the curved piecing!

    Molly you really rock with your embroidery but it must take forever to finish one block!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all so beautiful! Love that star and Molly's dresden is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything you do is so beautiful -- I am so glad I found your blog!!!

    I am Maureen, your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete